Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Introduction

I started this blog to be a place for comments, analysis, and discussion on the traditional western propers, calendar, ceremonies, etc. I am not interested in blogging on additional topics, but don't hold me to that.

You are welcome to share your thoughts, but here are a few things to keep in mind.

1) I am not interested in any of the hot topics that are normally seen on Lutheran blogs. I've had all of the same conversations over and over again, and I have no interest in going through that again.

2) This blog is about the traditional propers (etc.) that one finds in The Lutheran Hymnal and the one-year series in Lutheran Service Book, as well as different other sources. I am not interested in the several variations of the Vatican II three-year series. If you use it, I'm happy for you, and I'm sure you're still going to heaven.

3) If you do not wish to share with me who you are, I'm happy for you, but I am not interested in what you have to say.

4) If you have recently left the Lutheran Church for some form of Eastern Christianity, I'm happy for you, but I am not interested in what you have to say.

5) If you cannot resist the insatiable urge to note that most (if not all) of what is talked about on this blog is "adiaphora" (sic), I'm happy for you, but I'm not interested in what you have to say. (And please learn the proper way to use the word in a sentence--but don't use it here.) (Get over it already.) Got it everyone? The word "adiaphora" is forbidden on this blog.

That is all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

Rev. Paul T. McCain said...

Can we talk about "indifferent things"?

Pastor Woodring said...

Cute.

The answer, of course, is "NO!"

Have a nice day.